Friday, November 16, 2007

Arrived in Beirut

Got here just fine, but had a bit of an adventure coming to the hotel from the airport. The taxi ride was pretty intense. Seems that no one here cares about lanes, lights, or any of those other nice things that we've become so accustomed to in the US. Oh well.

The taxis have no meters here, so you need to negotiate ahead of time. I never learn. Anyway, I paid about twice what I should have to get to the hotel, but arrived safely nonetheless. There's no visa requirement here (for Americans), so customs was a breeze. The only thing they check for is if you have a stamp from Israel in your passport. Fortunately, I've gotten a new passport since I was in Israel in 1998.

The rest of this day is unplanned. I'm going to find some supper pretty soon (we're 7 hours ahead of home here) and do a little jet-lag recovering.

No comments: