Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday, 30 November - Morning

I didn't manage to hook up with my local contact, so I got a hotel, enjoyed a nice quiet meal at a bar called Finnezz just a short walk away. Nice steak, baked potato, glass of the house cabernet. Quiet evening.

Hanging out for a bit, just stopped and got a hair cut. Pretty exciting, eh?

Next stop is at the race site to pick up my race number this afternoon. Between now and then perhaps a bit of siteseeing and shopping.

Oh--at breakfast this morning I heard Christmas music. White Christmas, Sleigh Ride, Winter Wonderland were among the selection. What's interesting about that? It never snows here, except sometimes inland on the higher mountains.

If all goes to plan, in the next 12 days I'll run 4 marathons. Geez, just typing that last sentence was scary.

and the adventure continues....

No comments: