Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Finally out of Italy

Well, I was pretty happy with Lufthansa until I tried to get out of Italy with them. After FOUR+ HOURS in line yesterday, I ended up back at my hotel, then taking a train to Bologna today. Nicer airport, same inefficient check in procedures, just without any cancelled flights. Anyway, I'm in Frankfort at the airport and heading for South Africa in a few minutes (I hope) if they get the plane maintained. We're delayed about an hour. I think it's another 12 or 13 hour flight. Hope I sleep good.

1 comment:

Friends of Don said...

Hello Don!
Hope South Africa is good to you. We are a little behind you, because of some days off. If you go cage diving let my class know, they are very intersted in that. We have a few questions for you, answer them when you have time. Good luck on # 4!
Mr. Long and Class

-Did you see any exotic aniamls in Lebanon? Christine & Maria

-What did you NOT like about Beirut? Rocco & Daniel

-What kind of food do they have in Lebanon? Shawn & John

-What was your best time for an Asian marathon? How many marathons have you ran in Asia? Justin & Kyle

-Did you see any wild animals in Italy? Brandi & Rachael

-Have you ever run a marathon in Italy before? If so, where? Vicky & Crystal

-Are the people friendly in Italy? Would it be a nice place to live? Noah & Julius

-Is the pizza in Italy different from the pizza served in America? Sean & Taylor

-Is there anything you didn't like about Italy? Emily & Natalee

-Did you like your finisher medal in Florence? James & Trenton

-Is that blood I see on your shirt after the Florence marathon? I bet the medal is not as nice as the GR marathon! Mr. Long

-How many marathons have you ran in Africa? What is you PR for Africa? Sandy, Chris & Dominik

-How much money does it take to do a marathon on all 7 continents? Miranda & Julie

-How did you start running? Caitlen & Cierra