Friday, February 02, 2007

The Countdown

 
A week from today I start my journey to the far ends of the earth--running seven marathons on seven continents in 35 days.  Nelsen Petersen from Kibo Productions was over last night, giving me some insight on how to operate my video equipment, getting me some good advice.  My airplane tickets will arrive via DHL today.  My passport is up to date.  My bags are nearly packed.
 
Michael Long's fifth grade class will be following my adventure on a "virtual field trip."  Anyone else is welcome to do the same.  I'll be blogging as often as I can as we go along, and will try to post some pictures too.  Last night, I sent out a press release (grab a copy off my website if you want) to try and drum up some good PR.
 
The journey will start in Alabama, then home for a couple days before heading to Luxor Egypt.  If all goes according to plan, before I get home I'll finish seven marathons (26.2 miles or longer), climb a couple mountains, make a bunch of new friends, and sample some tasty beers on every continent. 
 
Question from one of Michael's students--Which marathon are you most looking forward to?  My answer--the next one.  You do these things one at a time.  Hopefully everything will work out the way it's supposed to.  If it doesn't, I'm still determined to enjoy the journey.  This is gonna be a blast.

1 comment:

dan said...

Good Luck Don!

dan.