Friday, February 09, 2007

In Birmingham, Alabama

The adventure begins...
Flew into Birmingham this morning, and at 4:00 I met Sheldon Heygood with Fox 6 News for an interview.  We went to the park where the Start/Finish line is and spent a few minutes talking, followed by about 20 short runs up and down the street so he could get some film of me running.  Should air on the news tomorrow about 9:45.
 
I met a friend from Kalamazoo, Brian Molrony, who is also down here for the marathon.  We tried to find a brewery, but the one we went to had closed a while back, and the one that a couple girls sent us to down the street still serves beer, but, alas, doesn't make it any more.  So my quest for a beer glass from Alabama is fruitless so far.  I still have a couple days, however, and WILL NOT BE DENIED!!!

No comments: