Wednesday, February 07, 2007

What's going on so far---

Thursday I sent out a press release.  Runner's World responded, they're bring it up in their editorial meetings.  WOOD Radio news interviewed me on Friday.  John Matlak interviewed me yesterday.  Sheldon Heygood from the Fox affiliate in Birmingham set up an interview for Friday when I get down there, and Adam Jacobs from thefinalsprint.com is contacting me on Friday night to do a podcast for his website.  This is pretty fun.
 
Meanwhile, I have a couple friends joining me for the last two legs of the adventure.  Paul Ruesch and Brent Weigner are meeting me in Australia, where we'll run, do a little mountain climbing, reconnoiter the local breweries, then continue on to Seoul for more of the same.  Paul has become like a brother to me over the last 10 years since we met on our first trip to Antarctica.  I think Asia is the only continent where he and I haven't had a beer together.  Brent is my bi-polar buddy - we've been to both the South Pole and the North Pole together.  And now, I think we've got Nelsen Peterson almost talked into meeting us in Korea. 
 
Still working on the last minute packing and planning, but everything's going well.  Michael Long's fifth grade is joining me on a virtual field trip, and I'll post as often as I can from around the world. 

No comments: