Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday

The days kind of ran together--lots of travel.

Saturday after the race, we went to Irene's mom & dad's house for dinner. Wonderful people, and her mom is a GREAT cook.

Sunday after breakfast, I left for the airport, got a few minutes to shop through an open-air bazaar. Bought a set of rhino bookends.

I arrived back at Cape Town airport and Hans picked me up there. He had spent part of the weekend diving for crayfish (think lobster without the big claws). So Sunday dinner would include some pretty good seafood, along with good wine and conversation.
Friends Nicoloa and Henri were there, with their new 2-year-old son Alex. Alex's father is a relative of Henri, and is dying very soon, so they're busy adapting to the new adventure of parenthood.

After dinner, Hans and I sat finishing the bottles of wine that were currently opened, discussing adventures past and future. We took a break for an hour or so for a rest break, then reconvened for more conversation until bed time.

I borrowed a short book from the bookshelf, "The Marathon" by Dieter Streckor and read it overnight. Morning and Hans was off to work, and I hung out with the family until Kim picked me up for the trip the airport.

I started flying at 1:40 or so on Monday afternoon. Got into Auckland, New Zealand after 10:00 last night. Finally got a room and laid down to sleep just after midnight. My luggage took a later flight from Johannesburg to Sydney, so I'm hanging around Auckland for the day until I get it.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Jarrell Jewels
Enjoyed, but not edited.

Are you having fun.


Taylor

Dear Don
Hey it's me Carly Just saying (or asking) what was your fastest marathon?? I also wanted to ask if
you have seen any snow or rain yet?? I love you and miss you very much.

Love Carly

Lynn said...

Jarrell Jewels
Enjoyed, but not edited.

Are you having fun.


Taylor

Dear Don
Hey it's me Carly Just saying (or asking) what was your fastest marathon?? I also wanted to ask if
you have seen any snow or rain yet?? I love you and miss you very much.

Love Carly

Lynn said...

Jarrell Jewels
Enjoyed, but not edited...

I wonder if you are having a good time? You could blog me back.

Evan Carly's friend

Dear Don,
I miss you and I am proud of you.
4 more, good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, Carly